Thursday, September 15, 2011

good. better. best.

I find myself always struggling to find a balance with everything on my plate. There is always so much I need to be doing. I need to take time for myself and read my scriptures and pray and exercise. I need to take care of my babies and our home. I need to run the business and I need to gain experience with photography. I need to sleep (I wish I didn't need this). I always have over a hundred things I could be doing so it's always a matter of prioritizing. It's always a matter of good, better, best. Exercise is good but it's not what's best right now. To fit that in my day I've learned I will need to get up before six and right now that's not happening! ha

Monday I was overwhelmed. It was the day titled "This day sucks!" on the post a couple before this one. I knew at some point I needed to make a trip to Lowe's to get supplies and it was also FHE that night (Family Home Evening where we are encouraged to meet with our family and do an activity or thought and just spend time together). I was inspired I tell ya' to combine our FHE and my shopping trip into one. I made a "Mission Possible" game, gave the spiritual thought on being good examples to those around us and we were off. The girls were on two teams and they were off to find certain items in Lowes while I shopped. They were to take pictures in front of the items they found and when they were done they were to bring them back to me. I thought 8 would keep them busy for awhile bc I had quite a lot of supplies to get. My first item to buy was wood and since my stinking saw broke two weeks ago I now have to wait upon the saw guy to make his way back to me (dread). So, while I was thus waiting so patiently both teams made it back to me with their completed lists...wanting more! haha They finished before I got the first thing done. I sent them back off to re-do the lists with diff items and that made them happy. After our hunt/mandatory supply shopping we went for frozen yogurt. I had gotten a refund back on something and it paid for our outing. It made us so happy to go somewhere we hadn't tried before and we ate our yummy snack and I think I counted each girl saying multiple times "thanks momma, this is so fun". I knew that this inspired activity that allowed me to do two important things was not only good, it was best. I will never forget this night.

Here are two pics from Secret Agents Braelyn & Cali, Kensi's darn phone won't send the pics to me. I will work on it so I can upload some of Ken & Bella. 

The item was to find something for a family
The item was to find an "x"

1 comment: