Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Sister Surprised Me

My sister and her kids drove from Arizona to be here for Brae's graduation. I had an idea that she may surprise us and come out but in the moment I wasn't expecting her! It was fun to get home from work and have them surprise me. Ken got it on video. 
To celebrate them being in town we thought it was a good idea to go dress shopping for graduation with a bunch of our kids! :)
It was so fun to spend time together. The most mundane tasks are fun together. Angie and I ran errands Saturday morning and ended at the grocery store. As we left we each had a cart full of groceries and we raced to the car with our carts to see who would win! 
So fun! 
Most of Saturday was spent getting ready for graduation but Angie found time to help me clean and do my laundry. 
Sunday we chilled at home and watched movies. One of the most memorable parts of the weekend was Sunday dinner. 
This was us as we put on our headbands in preparation for cooking a big meal. 
hahahaha
Angie was going to make deep fried tacos. Yum!! We ran out of vegetable oil and opened a very old shortening. As she attempted to melt the old shortening it stunk up the whole house. She abandoned ship and we made a HUGE shortening/grease mess. She poured it back into the can and put the can out in the garage on my file cabinet. It leaked… hahaha
Then it ended up in a pizza box in the driveway… it leaked. 
Every time I file anything and touch a little leftover grease I think of her. She left a piece of her heart here in Texas. 
                                                                            ...in my driveway, too. 

We had boring ol' tacos for dinner that night but the highlight was our "Summer S'more" recipe. It turned out delicious. We put chocolate chips on the bottom and honkin' HUGE marshmallows on the top and put that baby in the oven, then dipped grahams in the 'dip'. 
YUM! We know for next time to melt the choco chips first so they don't taste so "cake-ey" but it was still successful. 
<3 
Family, Fun, Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment