Thursday, November 18, 2010

Braelyn's YWIE

Braelyn had her first Young Women In Excellence program this week. It is for her age group at church. They have a book they work in from the time they turn 12 until they are 18. They have to complete six experiences in each value- Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, Virtue and a ten hour project in each when they finish the experiences. YWIE is an annual celebration for their achievements in the program that year. Braelyn displayed how she memorized the 13th Article of Faith and journaled about it and how she attended a Fireside where two leaders in our church spoke. She did a great job! I am so proud of how she is self motivated. She works on her Personal Progress on her own. I was so upset that I missed her program last night. I had the stomach flu and she had to have some adoptive moms at the program. :( It was hard to miss. I couldn't be more proud of her and her hard work and preparation for this night.
Article of Faith 13: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men. Indeed, we may say we follow the admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

2 comments:

  1. Brae is an amazing girl!! I love her and I love the last paragraph in this post. Did she write that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Smith wrote the Articles of Faith. This is the last one. :) Let me know if you get this message or if I need to email you this info :D

    ReplyDelete