Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Bad Day, Not Today.

Today has been exceptional! Nothing out of the normal really but just a great day all day long. I woke up with that amazing feeling that today would be great. Lots of energy and good sleep. Here are a few things that helped me see it was indeed a good day:

I needed 8 white furniture tacks for two boards I really wanted to finish today. There were exactly EIGHT white tacks left.

I needed to not make any mistakes on those eight holes to put the tacks into. I didn't make any mistakes on them.

I brought the boards into the house to work on the very last detail before they were complete. One of those tacks slipped and almost fell in between the washer and dryer and eventually into 'under the dryer oblivion'- you remember how I said I only had the exact amount left to begin with??? I caught the white tack before it fell.

I said out loud on all the above "That wouldn't have happened on a bad day." ;)

This afternoon I had this grand idea for my hair. I grabbed a cute barrette and put it in and when I had the thought to put a second- matching- barrette in I went to look in the drawer. At first I found a twin but quickly realized it didn't have a clip to hold it in so I was sad then I looked again and... I found a twin! Never happens. Never. "That wouldn't have happened on a bad day!"

See all my blessings today. All the things that could have (usually do) gone wrong didn't. So thankful for this good day.

I told the girls I should go do something since my luck is so awesome today. They asked what it would be and I couldn't think of anything so I guess I will stay home and work! :D

1 comment:

  1. You should have totally done something awesome!! way to go GREAT day :)

    ReplyDelete