Monday, October 7, 2013

Our Evening Is a Joke Sometimes

As a backdrop...

We, as a family, are encouraged to spend one night together each week learning something new or reviewing a gospel principle or playing games... something together and focused on our Savior and growing closer to Him. It's called Family Home Evening. It is "supposed" to be spiritual and filled with wholesome goodness. :))) 

Tonight, Bella and I had conducted her science experiment (proudly NOT the very last minute I might add) and were working hard on creating the poster online when my phone rang to discuss in more detail Bentley's FREAKISHLY HIGH (so high!) dental bill with his padre. That phone convo was a little intense as is anything that has a price tag with 4 digits, the first number not being a one (or a two, or a three, and so on & so on). :/ Ugh but that's a post for another day! During that phone convo, still waiting to finish the science project poster, Brae comes upstairs having lost all patience in me and tells me that we will just have to do her Accro Workout another night. She was upset with me that I didn't get to it. I finish my dental phone call, finish the online portion of Bella's thing and go to do vinyl for the poster. 

Then, it started pulling up so I tell her we have to stop for tonight and I will finish, I mean we will finish, tomorrow!! She starts crying. It was her daily aspiration obviously to finish that portion of the poster tonight. So, at this point Brae and Bella were upset. I forgot to mention Bentley had a breakdown during my phone convo minutes earlier bc he wanted his dad to come help him play Batman for the Wii. Tantrum. Funny because that's how I felt today too but over the dental bill.

Whatev. I'm over it now. 
                                     

So, on that note of two kids crying or barely recovering from a tantrum and one ticked off at me we started Family Home Evening... Since the kids didn't have time to prepare a lesson or activity I pulled one together last minute of something I had recently learned more about. Jared taught a lesson last Sunday and showed a video of the parable of The Ten Virgins that I had never seen before. It was so beautiful. You can view it by clicking HERE via YouTube. It wasn't long before Cali was crying over something and then Bentley started too so at that point I had 3 in tears. And I cried too. Mine was communicating how I fall short everyday as a parent but still.... lots and lots of tears. It's comical really to think how hard it is to have a spiritual and quiet lesson. OH and I almost forgot the hamsters (we are hamster sitting) were running in their wheels the whole time. We bring them out into my office at night so they don't wake up the girls while sleeping. Note to self: don't do fhe with hamsters around next time ;) 

I still managed to feel the Spirit during the video clip and I know the Lord knows I'm doing the best I can and am being obedient in doing them each week. Even if they are a joke sometimes. Perhaps it helps us see His sense of humor. 

I'm happy to say that Braelyn & I DID end up doing our Accro-Workout in the dark after the fhe and dessert. We did kartwheels, handstands, roundoffs, splits, scorpions (well not me for that one) and I think I broke my back (after all I'm not 17 anymore). Cali wanted to come out and when I told her to go back in bc I'm having one on one time with Brae I could hear her yelling behind the closed door, "Yeah!!!! And you only want one on one time with HER!!" Thank you for that. I truly am spread so thin. I truly am trying so hard and I truly hate doing this by myself. But the Lord is good to me. He is faithful and He adds oil to my lamp each and every time I step in the right direction and with each effort I make in doing His will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment