Monday, October 7, 2013

Rudy Is Not Fernando

The other evening the kids were outside and Cali came in to tell me that the kid that egged our car a couple weeks back was out riding his bike. I told her to come tell me if he passes by again & I would say something to him. That's normally not my style, I usually just say to myself what I'd like to say, but this time was going to be different. I was going to stand up to that little punk kid. He rode by again and Cali ran in to get me. As he rode casually around the corner I told him to never egg my car again....

Come to find out this kid wasn't named FERNANDO (the kid we know did it) but rather, Rudy. And he and his family just moved here and how "Oh, no, ma'am, I don't do that anymore. I'm too old." I glared at Cali for putting me in this situation and told the kid the story of how we were egged and how my child thought he was the one who did it. So. Embarrassing. THIS is why I don't open my mouth. haha As I started talking to Cali about how she was so off she said "Mom, it's all in the past now." lol

We have made a new friend. Rudy. Each time he rides by our house I wave and say "hello Rudy" to which he probably hates and ignores but cie la vie. A new friend is a new friend, no matter how they became that way (or what you were initially accused of).

No comments:

Post a Comment