Wednesday, March 23, 2016

School is Stupid.

I don't really feel that way, but those words did come out in my prayer tonight. Today was such a hard, exhausting day. I found out on Monday that my research paper for philosophy was due tonight at 8 PM. I had one day to write it and of all days my Internet at home decided to go out. I went to work for a few hours to use the Internet there and to submit my paper I went to a friends house. It was submitted with 19 minutes to spare. Interspersed in my day was babysitting and dentist appointments, which are a fight in and of themselves with Bentley. After my paper was submitted I had a two hour lab for oceanography and an assignment due for sociology. As I reflect at the end of the day I feel sad because I feel like school makes me sacrifice being a good mother. On days like today I'm super stressed out and I'm shorter with the kids. Being a mom is the very most important part of my life. I have to remind myself that days like today are rare and I have to just keep on going because I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing.

Maybe however on days like today, I will allow myself to say "school is stupid".

(I got a 98% on that paper!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment