Wednesday, August 24, 2011

From the mouths of strangers

Today I was checking out at the craft store when I heard the cashier say something very quietly and though I thought I knew exactly what she said I asked her to repeat herself.

Cashier: "I don't know why some people have six kids".
Me: "I have five children".
Cashier: "You do!" "And you like it?"
Me: "Yes, I love my kids"

Duh!

She then said "well it's just a lot of work."

I don't understand how our society has come such a long way. To me, family is the most important thing. Not giving our children everything they want or having the nicest possessions. And yes, lady, having any amount of children is hard work. And it's so worth it. :D

My favorite part: "And you like it?"

I don't understand why some people offer their opinions so openly. I have opinions and I keep them to myself. I think it's so important to always use our words to uplift and show love to others. I try not to judge.

The cashier didn't mean harm, she seemed very sweet. Just thought I'd take a minute to share how much I like raising my kids. Even though it's the hardest thing I've ever done. Each day I fall short and make mistakes. Thank goodness we have Jesus Christ to make up the difference. Thank goodness for family.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I have had some rude comments made toward me and I try to brush them off or give a sarcastic comment back...Not the right thing but it helps me to not be angry with thier words. I love raising my 3 kids and would love more!

    ReplyDelete