Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of Complete Chaos

This morning we were as prepared as we could be for the first day back to school. It was still hectic! All of us except Bella & Bentley (thank goodness) were up at different times in the night in ainxt of getting up early for this morning. Braelyn slept through her alarm and felt a little rushed. I spent a half hour (since Brae over slept) curling Cali's hair and we seemed rushed to leave on time to take Brae's group to the new high school. She is going to a charter school about 15 minutes down the street and Monday is my day to car pool. Our first pick up was Megan and as we picked her up we got stopped behind a bus. The bus didn't move from that spot. As he got the kids on he asked the parents if these kids were going to Ehrhardt Elementary and asked them for directions to the school! So... we did an Austin Powers maneuver and turned around in our spot and went the other way to pick up Sarah which is like five houses down. Darn bus! We left her house and got Kam and Aaron and proceeded to the school. Seemed that all the bad drivers were out this morning and I forgot my patience at home! The charter school is in the college campus and the college kids went back today too so they had the usual entrance blocked off and the line to get in was a mile long. No lie! Finally got them all dropped off, hit every red light and rushed home to take Ken & Cali to school! Phew! All on almost NO GAS. Which goes into the other story about how for the first time ever I used a gum wrapper to cover up my gas gauge this past Saturday as I drove down to League City bc I knew the gas in my tank had to last me through Tuesday and as I looked at my half a tank of gas my anxiety went through the roof. I am positive my gas light will come on this afternoon. Fortunately I have proven my tank to go at least 30 more miles after that point! ugh. I have been SO stressed out financially lately. It has proven to be not easy to get four kids ready to go back to school. I have not slept well and my stomach has had sharp shooting pains in it from stress. Hopefully it will get better in September when everything calms down.

Here are the pics we got in a jiffy this morning! And Bentley has done pretty well so far without the girls. He has put his hands in his own poopy diaper (again, two days in a row) and has pulled all the blankets out of the closet and has built his own skateboard bridge! ;D Right on track for a GREEEAAT school year if you ask me!
Cali started Junior High today!!!! 
As she and Ken got out of the car and walked away, she looked sooo small. 
:( My tiny girl. 
 Bella is in 4th grade. I remember my fourth grade year very well! 
How does this happen! :D
 Braelyn's first day of High School.
As she and her friends got out of the car and walked away I got a little teary. 
I wasn't anticipating that bc I was so focused on Cali going into 6th. 
Brae looked so happy! :)
Kensy is the big dog on campus in 8th grade! 
I am so glad she is there with Cali this year. 
I know Cali is happy too. :D 
 I know this blog entry sounds very negative but it's my blog and that's ok! :) And it's actually three notches of happy above what I've been the past two weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment