Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How This Made Me Angry

Can you tell the difference between these two? 
I borrowed a big pop up tent when I did the craft fair booth and a piece of it broke. I ordered a new piece and according to my papa it was going to be easy to screw it in when it arrived. 

I got the new piece in and I lined up help for Monday to help me.... BUT Sunday I had borrowed an allen wrench for something else and while I had it I thought I'd just pop the tent up and try to replace the part myself so my friend wouldn't need to come over and help me the next day. 

Oh man... I think I spent an hour outside with that tent,  not in a very nice mood, in the cold, on a chair, kept dropping the tool and the screw. I could NOT get the screw to screw in. I would look at the other poles to see if I had it in correctly, which I did. I tried so hard. Then, after much time I had this thought to see if the new replacement pole had the same hole width as the old poles did. Can you tell in the picture that the pole hole on the left is much smaller?? The screw won't even fit through it! What kind of replacement part is that!?!? I was SO mad. 

I called the company yesterday. They wanted pictures of the defective piece even though according to them "ahh yes, I see it has been a complaint lately that this is happening." I sent them the pictures and now I wait until they get the new parts in. It wouldn't be so bad if this were my tent but it's borrowed. 

Next time I may look in advance to make sure the parts are the same before I go to fix something. GRRRRRR! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment