Friday, March 6, 2015

Happy Spring Break

Today is the last day before Spring Break! 

*Bella came home from school and told me a kid jokingly (after being told by many of his classmates to be quiet and lastly told by Bella) told her he wanted to stab her. 

Not ok.

*Brae was supposed to go to the State Archery Competition yesterday. First off, the back of her Archery Shirt says "Nock 'em up one at a time". Nocks are the pieces at the end of an arrow but I was appalled that a school sponsored organization would be allowed to have such an innuendo on it. She brought the shirt home the day before competition. I felt all I could do at that point was tell her after competition she wasn't allowed to wear it. It's super unacceptable!

Not ok.

*Yesterday shortly after arriving to school Brae found out the Archery Team would not be traveling to Belton to compete because of the threatening weather (super cold in the 30's and threats of ice and snow into Belton). I was relieved because the thought of the bus driving in that made me a nervous wreck. We had already paid for her to participate. Some kids decided to go on their own yesterday to compete anyway. Today she text and called me from school to let me know that someone signed in under her name and competed as if they were her!!! Yeah, that's illegal. I am not happy about it. The main coach (who really cares about the team) has been out of town with another FFA team in another competition and is currently snowed in and unable to get home. Now we start Spring Break (WE NEED IT) so we won't know any details until he gets back. It was so wrong that someone competed as if they were her. 

Huh... not ok! haha 

Three strikes and we are out!!! Lucky for me I have actually had a great day today in spite of all this garbage that I don't know how to handle.


1 comment: