Sunday, January 10, 2016

Miracles

We are recipients of so many miracles. They come to us both small & large. Recently I was scheduled to go out to dinner with Robin and her friend, Tammy. The day of, my car started acting up. When I found out my battery was bad I backed out of the dinner so I could re-arrange my finances and figure out how to pay for a new battery. Immediately the ladies told me to hold off and that they were going to make some phone calls. The next thing I knew they told me they were purchasing the battery and Robin's son in law would switch the old for the new. The need was taken care of AS SOON as it arose. So many things had to be in place for that to play out that way. First, it was on the calendar for me to go out with Robin & Tammy that night. Tammy was only in town for the weekend. If I wasn't scheduled to go with them they wouldn't have known about the battery in the first place. If Tammy wasn't in town it wouldn't have happened that way. It amazes me. Still does weeks later how it all worked out.

A few days later I took Ken to the bank to open a checking account for her. We sat down with the banker and she glanced at my account and told me I needed to redeem my reward points before the end of the month when we lose them. I had no idea about points or the reward system. I am so thankful we went in that day and that the banker just happened to notice my reward points because it turns out I cashed them in for $218! My check should arrive within three weeks. Miracle.

The greatest miracle I have ever received is still in effect. Nearly two years ago (and I believe I've blogged about this previously) a woman found out about me through a guy in my church and had been looking for a local single mother to help out. She met with me in my home and extended monthly help. She and her husband have been sending me money every single month (usually she doubles up and sends it every other month). I will say our financial ends would not meet each month if we did not receive their help. I have faith that this is the Savior's way of providing for us and I also have faith that when the time comes this help goes away that He will still provide. He is amazing. This family is amazing, they are my angels on earth.

At Christmas time last month we had an anonymous giver share a generous amount of  money with us. We also had a family (or families) do the 12 Days of Christmas and each day was a generous amount of goodies, if not cash and gift cards. We continue to feel the Lord's love for us, see His hand, and witness the goodness in others who surround us. We are truly blessed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment