Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Digital Photography 101

I went to a photography class on Monday night, yes it was Labor Day and I didn't know that when I pre-paid for it online. I LoVED it so much and was so inspired and uplifted to learn from two master photographers- David & Ally McKay from California. It was a five hour class and at times I was so overwhelmed learning about ISO, F-Stops & Shutter Speeds. I was so anxious to practice on manual settings and finally taking my Lola off of her automatic stance she's been on for almost a year.

Here are some of the glorious shots I got while practicing the next day:




and some of Brae that same evening:



Pretty, aren't they?
This stuff is HARD!!! I have been trying to not get discouraged and just remember how much I love to take pictures. Braelyn told me a quote that's hanging in her math teacher's classroom. It goes like this:

"A professional in anything was once a beginner." 

Here are some of the more appealing shots from that day. Thankfully the lighting, shutter speed and depth of field all lined up for these few...

I wanted to get him feeding himself since this is new for him



I will keep moving forward with my plan. It's a simple plan and it brings me peace so I will set the fear and inadequacy I feel aside. I will keep practicing. And I will keep it on manual even if I don't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment