Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Surprise in Sacrament Meeting

The first hour of our block of church meetings is called Sacrament. We all sit together for that 70 minute block of time. This past Sunday Bentley was snacking on some Lucky Charms and eventually got my inhaler out to play with. I keep the medicine to it in my bag but he plays with the yellow shell. At one point Cali was playing with it and she pretended to inhale and to her surprise Bentley had put a Lucky Charm inside it and she inhaled it just right to cause her to choke. Probably because she wasn't prepared for that but regardless she came to me holding her throat unable to talk and faaaa-reaked me out. I grabbed her and we walked out fast and once we jiggled her she got it to go down. Crazy girl went out with bare feet and all. Darn that cereal in the inhaler- wasn't so lucky after all. We were so thankful she was safe and ok. Perhaps a blessing of being where we were supposed to be in the first place.

As a side note Cali serves as a Safety Patrol at school everyday. She does it in the am and after school. The teacher who is over these kids told me two days ago that she loves Cali and that she is so MIGHTY in a tiny body. I've always said that to describe her! She packs a punch! Believe me. And now my Mighty Cali Llama is going to play the fiddle! haha I learned tonight at a very long meeting that a fiddle is the same as a violin. Cali is joining the orchestra. Upon fitting her for the instrument we learned that even the smallest violin they had there was too big for her. She's the cutest!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Cali! She is so cute! Darn that Inhaler! hehe Im glad she was ok, thats scary!

    ReplyDelete