Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Back Up Plan

Last night I ran out of diapers. I conjured up one from the diaper bag and one from the church bag before bed so that I could wait to go to the store this morning. I used one diaper before bed and changed him as he woke up this morning. I was fresh out!

The morning was rough to begin with. I woke up with pain in my leg and nothing really flowed well from the start. Out of gas, errands to run, blah blah blah. No energy. You get the drift. I dropped the girls off, ran home to pick up something I forgot, ran to the bank all with my kid in his last diaper then pulled into the grocery store parking lot. Right as we pulled in Bentley threw up all over himself and his carseat. Kind of confirmed that Cali and I did have the flu earlier this week and now Bentley has it. I panicked. I didn't know if I should take him in like that to get the diapers or what! I decided to come home and give him a bath and wash the car seat. As I was bathing him I sent a couple messages to my friends to see about borrowing a couple diapers. I know they would  help me in a bind! I just was in a bind in that moment! I didn't even have paper towels as my back up! ;) A thought came to me at that moment to put his booty in a swim diaper, put it on a towel in the jogging stroller and walk him to the store to get what we were going to get earlier when we were there in a parking spot!

So we did. Thank goodness for back up plans. And swim diapers that leak. And towels for them to leak onto because you knew they would. This day hasn't gotten much better since.

No comments:

Post a Comment