Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good Intentions Won't Keep You Warm At Night

My life is like a huge mountain of laundry. No really, it is like that. Friday I had great intentions. My kids were having 4 friends spend the night. I stripped the bedding and started the laundry. Like normal, my "to do" list outnumbered me and though I started the laundry it didn't get done. I felt horrible the next day as I realized our friends slept on beds with no comforters! What the heck? What good is it if I start the wash but don't finish it. Can you believe that by Monday night (3 days later) Cali & Bella didn't have their blankets yet! They were still in the laundry room working their way through all the mountains of laundry. And we stay on top of our laundry too. Normally. So much to do. Not enough people to do it.

I am overwhelmed. My good intentions often aren't enough. Thankfully I know where I turn for help, strength, peace and all that really matters. And hopefully I won't scar our friends and my own children as I fall short everyday.

I loved what Thomas S. Monson said during a broadcast to the Young Women of the church last weekend:

...when feeling overwhelmed: "Seek heavenly guidance, one day at a time. Life by the yard is hard, by the inch is a cinch." I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment