Friday, May 10, 2013

The Lord is in the Details of Our Daily Life

All week I have been pretty concerned about getting my two girls to Mormon Prom on Saturday. I have had to be at the mercy of money coming in! Thankfully it came in at the perfectly perfect last minute (latest that it could come in) and it was a huge relief to me! I felt inspired that we should go look for dresses Thursday evening between driving kids home from school and an appointment we had set up that evening. It was really good timing because Bentley was with his dad and that makes shopping easier!

Kensington had been with Rachel Hathcock helping with decorations at Sister Stone's house that afternoon. She had tried on one of their dresses and loved it so Rachel suggested I stop by the Stones before going to the mall and have Brae try on dresses too. We did that and although Brae didn't use one, while we were there Rachel referred me to a woman who lived close by who she had just found out about who SELLS formal dresses and whose husband recently lost his job. At first I was WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE to ask a stranger if we could pop in and buy one of her dresses??? but after Rachel pulled me aside and told me again about this woman it felt like the right thing to do. What did we have to lose after all! And I'd much rather pay to help a family than give the money to a big retail store. So, we went and found the perfect dresses for the girls! Brae fell in love with a beautiful gown and Kensi used her birthday money and got one perfect for her for next year! It felt amazing to be able to help someone out as well as have our needs met!

Following that we stopped at Ross and found the balero jacket for Kensi's dress and then to Payless and got both girl's shoes taken care of! While we were at Payless the girls and I were talking in the aisle and a woman overheard our convo and looked at me and said "When I saw you I thought you all must be LDS with such cute modest girls and the way you were talking". It sounds silly but it was a really cool experience to run into a member while shopping and have her talk to us.

After Payless we grabbed some things from Wal Mart, had some burgers from Mickey D's and the girls made plans to go back to the Stone's house late to help finish decorations and to see if she could help with alterations. They left near 10pm I think and got home near 1 this morning. Alterations taken care of! We are all set!!!! In less than 8 hours total for two girls.

I felt so amazed and uplifted at the entire experience. I didn't intend to wait until last minute but due to financial issues I had to. I prayed about it all week in hopes that I could provide a way for both of them to go AND to find modest dresses at the last minute. Not only do I know for a fact that Heavenly Father is in the details of our daily lives, the seemingly small things, but I know also that He has a plan for us. His plan included us getting our dresses from a woman and in turn helped her family too. I NEVER would have foreseen that. Helps me feel more confident that HE has a plan for the big things I want too, that are momentarily unseen.  If He cares about Prom, He cares about my eternal well being.

It was amazing! Feeling so humbled!

Kensington's dress for next year! 
Totally gorgeous with all the beading. We love that it's lime! 
 Braelyn's Beautiful Purple Dress with pink sequins! 
LOVE <3!!!!! 
She looks STUNNING! 

Prom is tomorrow. Pics to come for sure!! 

1 comment:

  1. If Brae's dress is missing, it is because I have stolen it!!!! Love, love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete