Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election

I wish I could convey how heartbroken I feel over the election. I believed in  Mitt Romney so much. I know he was qualified to lead our country into better days. I love that he's a moral and good man that values the same principles I value of marriage, family & hard work just to name a few. I sat and watched the results last night and felt sick. I bawled like a baby. You know the ugly, loud cry that occurs when something really hurts. In one way I am not surprised at all that the "majority" want Obama because that's how wicked our society is but the other side of me is shocked because I thought Romney had a real shot!

I couldn't go to sleep last night I was so upset and when I woke up this morning I felt sick to my stomach. It was kind of like a bad dream.

What is really incredible with this whole process was that when I prayed for Romney before Election Day came I felt the Spirit of the Lord testify that it was good. And last night as I was sitting on my couch watching the results come in and as Obama pulled ahead I felt the Spirit so strongly. And as he got more and more I felt the Spirit even more. That means everything to me. It shows me that no matter what the Lord is with me and He knows. And this family is His. No matter how ugly it continues to get, we will be Ok because we are in His hands.

This election felt like good verses evil to me. Good didn't win. This time. We are in the last days and scripture is being fulfilled and ultimately I know good has already won. I am so excited for the day when we have exclusive peace. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment