Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Teacher Conferences

Yesterday the kids were able to stay home for Election Day and for Parent/Teacher Conferences. I was able to go in and meet with Bella's teachers and it was such a sweet experience. School has always come pretty easy to the older three girls but Bella has struggled a lot in the past two years. I was humbled before even going in to talk to her teachers because I was bracing myself for what they may say. I recognize the need for us to do more at home to help and went in with that attitude. What I received was far greater than I was prepared for. Right away her teacher wanted to tell me one of her "Bella stories". She told me she has lots. Both ladies raved about  how sweet Bella is and how good she is. They told me about this time that the kids in her class found out Bella's password for an online math game they play and a bunch of them logged on and got points for Bella. The next day when Bella got her name on the board for high points in the math game and was going to get a candy prize she burst into tears and went in the hallway for quite a while before she would tell the teacher that she felt it was dishonest to accept credit, points and the candy because she didn't do the work. Her teachers used the words "honest, integrity, character, hard worker" to describe her. I truly feel that these teachers "see" my girl. They told me not to judge Bella off the grades I see because she is working her butt off. They told me to love her and encourage her. Feels very different from last year. I was so touched by such a simple gift yesterday. I'm so thankful for good teachers who love their students. We are blessed.

She is my quirkiest girl by far but she has a golden heart and 
I love her so much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment