Monday, April 8, 2013

Tardy Party

This morning in true Amanda fashion I was pushed for time and a little stressed. I went about 20 miles or so with the gas light on and desperately needed the chance to stop for gas! I squeezed that in between car rides and right before I was to take Cali to school. We got to the gas pump and I swear we got the slowest pump in Houston! It took, no lie, 12 minutes to fill up the tank! Dinosaur pump! We were exactly across the street from Cali's school and she was freaking out that she would be tardy. She and I both decided to go in the front entrance of the school since it was practically walking distance from the grandpa gas pump instead of the back entrance we've always taken (since we learned our lesson long ago that the front entrance is a nightmare mad house and to NEVER go the front entrance ever again)! We made our way quickly across the street and sat in the left turn lane into the school for a few minutes. As the minutes ticked by I noticed my little worry-wart start to cry and get noticeably more upset. "I can't be tardy or else I won't get to attend the No-Tardy-Party at the end of the year." As we sat perfectly still in the line NOT moving at all and more minutes went by we arrived at the time the sixth grade bell was ringing. I asked if she could just run in when we turned in and could go straight to class? No was her reply. She had to go drop off her instrument in the orchestra room and go to her locker because they won't allow backpacks in the school. She was pleading at this point to stay home, horrified at the concept of getting her first tardy this year. In the stress and pressure I caved! I can not fathom how her way of thinking makes sense - you miss an entire day of school over being ONE MINUTE tardy just to save your seat at the No-Tardy-Party! Does the school know the kids are finding a way around that?? Does the school know there are parents who are really jacked up and who cave to pressure and let their kids be absent over being one minute tardy? Dumb gas pump, dumb idea to go to the front entrance even when I knew better, dumb tight schedule, dumb backpack rule. ;p

Guess what though? Cali came home and mowed the front & back lawn which needed it so badly! She helped with Bentley while I completed all my orders from my store. She got along with Kensi which is unusual for the two of them. It was a really nice day having her home overall.

This afternoon I was telling this "funny" story to Kensington & Cali was in the back seat listening and her reply was "What??!! Now you think I'm a bad person, mom?!!!"


Does my consent today qualify me for "Parent of the Year"??

What do I win??

No comments:

Post a Comment