Friday, March 21, 2014

Disturbing

I was dropping Bella off this morning and as she was getting out of the car a song came on the radio. I didn't recognize it but she told me I needed to change it because it was a bad song. She told me the name of it was "Talk Dirty To Me". She told me that the music video was really bad. After I started to mention (like many times before) that she wasn't allowed to watch stuff like that she stopped me to mention it came on tv and that she couldn't get to the remote fast enough to change it more quickly than she did. Apparently she saw enough to know that it was "gross" and as she walked away she added… "and disturbing".
 I couldn't help but to smile that my fifth grader referred to something as "disturbing". haha

 Makes me sick that we have to be so concerned with what our kids are hearing and seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment