Wednesday, March 19, 2014

… With What's Left...

My life is so crazy and hard
Scratch that. 
Everyone's life is so hard. Everyone I know is fighting some hard battle.
 I have been thinking a lot this week and my life seems to follow this pattern:

Amazing  things happen and it's as though I take five HUGE steps forward. Then, shortly following, life happens and it's as though I take four HUGE steps backward. Those four steps backward are a devastating blow. During those four steps back it seems as though everything around you crumbles and the remnants of your life settle with dust all around. You weren't expecting it and you ask yourself 'why'? Why do I always feel as though I'm going backward.

 Then I had the realization and anyone who can do math would catch it too...

 I am still left with one HUGE step forward and that's still progress.
 It's not what it just was but it's still progress. It's in that moment that I must work so hard to treasure my progress and focus on that one big step that wasn't taken from me. 

There's something so powerful in that principle. During the whole process I'm so grateful the Lord is merciful and finds me where I'm at and lifts me. I hope someday to recover those other four steps but no matter what I will try to trust Him in all things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment