Thursday, March 27, 2014

Flood


Yesterday afternoon as soon as the baby left (that I babysit) I sat down to get a couple hours of "uninterrupted" time in with vinyl! Seriously, about twenty minutes in I hear a panic coming from my bathroom and a subsequent downpour of water somewhere downstairs. I ignored the pouring water sound because it was raining outside and my brain assumed it was that! 

How fun it was to find my bathroom flooded and coming out into the bedroom carpet and opposite side closet! I hurried to the toilet to turn it off and then we found every towel in the house to put down to soak up some water. Followed by the suckage of the Little Green Machine we own. What was so lovely though was to find out the downpour I heard was the water flowing ever so gracefully through the floor and dumping out the vent downstairs directly under the bathroom. :( It was just pouring down. 

For a split second I thought how great (super sarcasm) that this would happen right when I find time to do vinyl. Then I stepped back and thought "Well, hey, at least my floor just got mopped! Even if it was toilet water!" ;p 

I do not have a good track record with houses and water. Ask about my experience in Frisco in 2003! Or ask my landlord at that time! Good times! 


No comments:

Post a Comment