Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School 2014

Me & My Baby Girl. 
She started junior high today (sixth grade). I started college. 
It wasn't a super successful day. I will tell you why at the bottom. 
Cali in in 8th now! 
Crazy! 

Kensi is a sophomore

Braelyn is technically a junior this year but she is skipping a year and graduating next August so that really makes this her senior year! 
No. Just no. 
Today was nuts. I got up super early and felt anxious all morning. Got the kids to school on time. I sat down to look at my online classes and was shocked at how much there was. Let me just give you the low down. I am just now noticing this and it's 11pm. I tried to get organized today. Tried is the key word. I have a multi subject notebook and I gave each of my 3 classes a tab. I just realized that half my notes for government are on my English notes so I was utterly confused with that! And on my first online DISCUSSION for a student success course I listed why I was taking that course and I shared that I was taking GOVERNMENT as a pre-req! I didn't even have the correct class listed for that forum. Oh my gosh. So dumb. My head is spinning. I'm exhausted. 

The girls had good days as school. I think Bella was a little overwhelmed with the multi-class schedule. She's doing well at trying to get organized. I hope this will be a good school year. I hope I will survive because I don't know how I will. 

Just for reference. I am taking 5 classes my first semester. I am taking two mini-mesters that are 8 week courses and 1 full semester course. Starting off I have English (barf) and Government along with Student Success (required for all incoming freshmen). October I will begin my second mini with Psychology and History. 

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you....5 is a lot for your 1st semester. but a good choice if you drop one you will still be a full time student :) it will all come together...it always does!

    i cant believe Brae will graduate in August....time has flown way too fast.

    ReplyDelete