Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life As I Know It

I'm kind of freaking out, well my insides are freaking out. Today is the last day to enjoy life as I know it! Starting tomorrow everything will change and it will be that way for the next six years (and beyond, I'm sure). Tomorrow school starts. I was sitting in church and I felt that nervous feeling in the pit of your stomach. Ya' know, the one you get when you have to give a speech in front of many people?! That super nervous feeling where you want to throw up. I honestly wasn't even thinking about school. My body just knows. haha

I wanted to jot down a few thoughts so I can look back and remember.  My friend, Robin, helped me greatly with this entire process to register, apply for grants, and basically EVERY single aspect of preparing to go back… and IT IS a process! I started in June and am still preparing now in August. One night that first week of registering Robin had been over helping me with computer work and as she left Braelyn and I went out to eat. It was late and we found a Chinese place open. We enjoyed a sit down dinner and I found the following that night in my fortune cookie:

It was very fitting! It still sits on my desk. 

I have pondered a lot about how this will all work. I waded through a lot of mental turmoil following my decision to go back to school about whether or not to continue babysitting. At one point I was going to stop watching Gentry when school started so I could focus just on school. That didn't feel right so I'm going to try to continue watching her until her mom stops working (mid November as of now). I am going into this tomorrow planning to do school, babysit and do vinyl (though I have been training Kensi to do as much of the business as she can and she will help everyday). 

I am understanding that things may change and I need to be close to the Spirit so I know what may need to fall away in my life. ??? Not sure how the Lord will help me but I know He will. I know this is His will. It's been an amazing process. 

I am nervous of the added responsibility, that's what I'm scared of the most actually. I am committed to my goal of weekly temple attendance. That's what I've been doing and feel that now more than ever I will need to draw upon that power and perspective. I am also committing to no school work on Sundays. I need to show respect to Heavenly Father and keep His day separate from the others. I also know I will need one day with my children and to rest that isn't distracted by school and work. 

I am very excited to see how this goes! And to see the Lord's hand in my life in how He will sustain me through school, single parenting, business owning and babysitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment