Sunday, August 17, 2014

Miracles

We have been recipients of many miracles. We receive miracles on a weekly basis. Some are so large that they are sacred. I am going to do my best to share some so that I can look back and remember, great and small, the Lord's hand in our lives.

I have seen over & over how we are always taken care of financially. There are days that money hasn't come in the way I had hoped and how there's always a way provided for us to get gas or groceries or pay the bill that needs to be paid. Last week we were down to nothing and a job came in via email that I was able to do that day and the money I got lasted me through the weekend. That job was supposed to happen weeks before but if it had happened that way it wouldn't have  come through the instant I needed it the most.

Braelyn has received a free car this summer. Her Uncle Josh gave it to Shannon & Jared and they are letting Brae use it until she can buy her own. Miracle in and of itself. It has had a few battery problems the last month. Every single time it won't start it's sitting in our driveway. So grateful it has chose to die at home where she hasn't been stranded! Every time it has died we have been provided  with help to get it fixed. Jeff Martin has come over every time to help us. This instance isn't rare- we have been promised through a blessing that the Lord would always provide people in our path who would help us when we needed it. This last  time we needed to have the car put in the shop for a diagnostic test. That morning I had done my bills  and had an extra $84 left after paying bills. The diagnostic fee came to $85. It usually isn't pretty but we are always provided for.

Brae has taken two college courses this summer, along with working full time. Her second class was Economics and her teacher was a real turd. To say she didn't like him is an understatement. He didn't communicate well and didn't teach thoroughly. The Tuesday before the last week she found out she had a paper due in two days (she had  known the week before about the paper but didn't know the due date- I recognize there was some error on her part in not better preparing) and there were a hefty amount of stipulations on the paper. She was to find an article, with a million restrictions, and write a six page paper and at this point it was due the next day. She searched for a long time and submitted several times an article but each time her teacher shot her articles  down. She ended up not doing the paper. By the time all this was happening it was TWO days too late to drop the class. This means if she fails then she gets dropped from all her dual credit classes  remaining, knocks her off her schedule to graduate next August, and goes permanently on her college transcript- threatening her chances of getting into nursing school. It was a huge deal. I prayed about her specifically one morning and told Heavenly Father how concerned  I was about this class and what would happen if she failed. I acknowledged that He was in control and prayed for Braelyn's future. THAT very day, her professor approached her and told her if she didn't do the paper there was no way she would pass the class, he supplied her with an article and told her she had until the next day to hand it in to get some credit. She passed the class. So amazing! So grateful. That was a huge deal!

I got released from my Primary calling. HUGE miracle. haha I really struggle in primary and to be released and called  as a teacher for the older women is fabulous! It makes me so happy! Serving in primary doesn't come easy for  me and I prayed a lot for help in being "ok" while serving in there.

The largest miracle I've ever had happen to me also has happened this year. I hope by sharing it doesn't lessen the magnitude of it. In our church we have men who are assigned as "Home Teachers". They are assigned a few families  to watch over and they come into homes to check on the families and make sure their needs are being met along with bringing a spiritual message. We have had great men assigned to our family over the years! A line of great men actually. Recently, one of the men wanted  to help our girls get into swim team, Greg Kam. He is a swimmer and an instructor and their family is highly involved with the sport. He went to the swim team board and asked how they felt if he extended the offer to have our girls join their team for free. They were gracious enough to extend that  offer  to us. We kiindly turned it down after much thought. There is NO WAY I can commit to that. On top of the commitment, the girls ended up going to Dallas for the summer so it wouldn't have worked out anyway. The generosity of Brother Kam isn't necessarily the miracle here, though his kindness is much appreciated! The day he went to the swim team board  to get their permission he met a woman in the community who had been searching for a local single mom that she & her husband could help out. Brother Kam contacted me and asked if he could put us in touch with each other. He stated that he didn't know what she had in mind and that possibly she wanted to convert me to her religion ;). I told him that he could give her my info, even though it was highly uncomfortable for me to meet with someone I didn't know. She and I agreed that we would meet in my home and I will never forget that day. Ever. After chatting for a few I learned that she had googled my name before coming and had learned a little about who I was and after talking she said she felt sure she had found the right family. She said she and her husband had been looking locally for some time to find the right family to help on a monthly basis. She told me they wanted to provide a certain amount of money each month to help us. She said she could be counted on and has been since that day back in April. The gift is a generous amount of money. That was the day I felt Jesus Christ sitting next to her on that couch across from me. I have never felt his presence more closely than I did that day, in a very real way. I knew that day that the Lord knows  me and my circumstances. A woman in the community found me by random events. I am forever touched.

Last week at church a man came up to me and handed me an envelope that contained  gift  cards and cash to purchase school supplies for my kids. What an amazing  miracle! That person has no idea how much that was needed and helped us out! The man who handed the envelope was a middle man and I don't know who to thank. THAT instance is not a rare occurence. We have been blessed in those ways many times, to which I am so grateful and humbled. Last Christmas was amazing. We were recipients  of great and gracious gifts and offerings and spiritual experiences with the best kind of people. Gifts were  given that I still think about.

Last year I blogged about our dead tree. The HOA threatened us to replace it or be fined. Brother Beckett contacted me, he being the owner of a landscape company, and brought and installed the new  tree.

Last year we were helped with school prep as well from a generous and  kind family who gave a substantial gift!

Two weeks ago my sister in law offered to buy the paint and help re-paint our entire interior  walls. And have our carpet cleaned.  The job was  too big for me and I never  would have  done it, though it needed it so badly! She gave me something I couldn't give myself. Such a tender mercy! I felt so loved and taken care of.

This list goes on and on to be honest. I could write so much here about all the kind acts people have done and all the many ways the Lord takes care of us. I shutter  to think where  I would be in my life without the Gospel. I would be a real mess- not only financially but also emotionally! I am so grateful for the beauty He creates all around me.

The Lord uses people to take care of His children. He is amazing. He never lets me down. He is my stability and my Hope. I love Him so much and am so grateful for the generosity of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment