Sunday, May 1, 2016

End of Semester Struggles

It is normal for clean laundry to pile up to look like mountains.

It is normal for cereal that fell out of the bowl to remain in milk puddles on the table for a day or so.

It is normal to not wash your hair for three days.

It is normal to use knives to stir your child's chocolate milk mix because spoons are always dirty.

It is normal for weekday morning alarms to be set between 4-5:30am. It is rare for them to be set after 5:30. 

It is normal to cry at the end of the day in exhaustion.

It is normal to turn your head at near everything in your home that is "less-than" you desire because you know you're doing the very best you can.

It is normal to feel a happiness that I've never before known. I believe there is a correlation between hard work and happiness.

This semester has been challenging in finding balance for all my responsibilities. My heart has not been 100% in school. I have started exercising and working more and my heart is spread out over multiple things. I have been content in that. I am pulling 3 "A's" and 1 "B" this semester. Awesome! That B should have been a C with the minimum effort I gave (oceanography).

I am excited that I have one more semester at Lonestar to finish my AA then in January I am starting at UH for my Bachelor's program! Sweet!!

Now to get through this last 1.5 weeks! Oh baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment