Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Don't Believe in Coincidence

I went in for a massage last Thursday night because I was in a ton of pain in my shoulders and neck. I found out quickly that the massage therapist was a single mom too and after only a couple minutes I discovered that she and I just went through the exact same kind of relationship that led to divorce for her too. I've been struggling lately to take the next step in moving forward and after talking to her I was given a sense of perspective and hope and a jolt of inspiration. It's not often that I meet a woman who can completely relate and understand because she's been in the exact spot I have. I know my friends and family have inspiring and truthful advice for which I do listen and am grateful but there's something to be said about advice coming from someone who knows what I'm feeling. To listen to her knowledge from being in my same exact position moved something inside of me. It gave me confidence and an awakening. I am amazed at the people that are put in our paths when we least expect it. It wasn't coincidence. It came at a time that I needed it most. The Lord is good to me.

1 comment: