Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Learning

I've learned a whole lot in the past ten months. It's been like a jolt of knowledge. Some of it I wish I didn't have to learn the way I have but I can be thankful for it.

I recognized recently that I've always gained my self worth by what other people think of me. My entire life I've based how I've felt about myself on whether or not I've pleased others that day. I've always needed to have peace in all my relationships so that I could feel good about myself. While that is a good attribute to have to an extent, it isn't what our worth should be based on. I've always told people yes when asked to do something even if it wasn't best for me. Once I recognized that I'm the only one who can take care of my needs I've learned to recognize this more and more and I don't do it anymore.

I know this is a hard time but I'm thankful for what I'm learning about myself and gaining a relationship with me.

1 comment:

  1. Im thankful for all of lifes lessons ( even though there are many I wish I didnt have to learn)It makes you the person your suppose to be :)

    ReplyDelete