Thursday, June 16, 2011

Purpose

My little buddy, Mees, has been coming over early in the mornings this summer. We always take a run through the McDonalds drive thru to get my liquid addiction (really that's another post for another day) and this morning we also ran to the bank. On my way to the bank I was thinking about my trial and how I can already feel a small portion of it's possible purpose. I had a feeling come over me earlier this week of pure joy, of exalting hope of happiness and the possibility of finding love again. I haven't found it yet but I had a moment where I felt what it would be like and knew of a hope for my future. I liked the feeling. I was thinking this morning that we go through hardships that we may know the joy and the joy feels better. There's a quote on that principle and I WILL find it!!! So, I believe that for me passing through hard times will be beneficial in finding my lasting joy later. 


Also, I have truly felt the power of empathy lately. I know I posted about my massage therapist and how she understood what I was going through. I am so appreciative of my family and friends who sympathize with me, they carry me through my trials. And I'm very thankful for women who can empathize because they often bridge the gaps from where I would like to be and getting there. I have a good friend now who is also going through a break up. I don't know if my empathy will help her but there are chances I will have in the future to help others as I've been helped. 


I know my understanding is limited and minute but I'm grateful for the insights I've had and a feeling of purpose in my trials. As I was sitting at the bank I read this on my friend's "The Facebook" (just for you!) and it was the perfect quote for today's revelations: 


"Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope."
--James E Faust

2 comments:

  1. i am pretty sure your empathy is helping your friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Lord really does speak thru quotes and song, friends and even enemies...I know that no matter what im going thru on any given day when I hear a song or quote I think wow God your right. I dont know if that makes sense to you or not but thats how I feel. Also I agree I think your empathy and sympathy do help :)

    ReplyDelete