Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Divine Help Once Again


I am overwhelmed with the things that are breaking around our house and the things the kids need/business needs. In the last week my shower head hose broke and sprays everywhere. It's makes for a very chaotic shower experience. I would say to shower in the girls bathroom but their drain has been plugged for about a year so the crazy shower is a better choice. We found out our DVD player stopped working AFTER renting a movie last Friday night. :( Boo to that. The other day I was saying a prayer and told Heavenly Father all that was weighing me down, including the broken shower and clogged bath (which I had previously tried the Liquid Drano and the home remedies to no avail) and within an hour of my prayer I had the thought to google (reliable best friend) how to remove the plug in the girls bathtub. Up to that point I had NEVER thought "there must be a way to remove that drain even though it's the twist and lift type". WHY had I never thought to google that? I knew it was clogged with a bunch of nastiness, I just couldn't get to it! Within seconds of googling that I knew how to remove the plug. That was STEP 1, yes!! Actually getting it off wasn't quite as easy. I got it down to the thick screw that holds it in place but it was not budging at all. I used two different types of screwdrivers, WD 40 to try to loosen it up, the pliers, electric screwdriver and the heart-shaped whatchamacallit my sister sent me to loosen up lids in the kitchen. It wasn't stinking moving! I am never one to just give up or call for help when I KNOW I can do it! It just takes a will and sheer will power to get some things done. I positioned the pliers around it again in the groove of the plier and literally used all my body weight to push them around and finally had success. And that success led to the success of un-clogging the tub. So now we have a shower that works!! It was incredible. And dumb really but mostly just incredible. I received an answer to my prayer and it lifted a burden and I did it on my own. :) It's days later now & I'm still happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment