Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waging War & Winning (I think...)

You gotta' love Texas! It's amazing and has the most breath-taking skies you will ever see. It also has many bugs! Our annual visitors happen to be fruit flies at this time of year. They came & went last year seemingly on their own since nothing I did worked then. This year they are unbearable. I keep a pretty clean home and can't for the life of me figure out why they are hanging around. I have tried everything. Google is my best friend and has left me empty handed so far. We have done the fly paper traps & the apple vinegar with dish soap. We have made funnels to trap them, Saran Wrap to trap them & they won't leave. This week I was so fed up that I decided to spray them with Windex. It works!! And I have a fair amount of OCD so it's pretty rewarding to watch them drop!! Our Windex is gone now but it's working!!! It's kind of a pill because the cleaner makes such a mess (oxy-moron I suppose) & then I have to go back with a bleach rag to clean up after the Windex. BUT!!!! if it does the trick and they go away it will all be worth it.

Is there a purpose for fruit flies really?? Besides to torture & torment man?


No comments:

Post a Comment