Saturday, February 18, 2012

This Week Sucked

There's been A LOT out of the normal this week. None of it being great! 
You see the cute little guy two pics down?? Do you see the pitchfork in his hand? Yeah...
He broke my laptop Monday night... Happy Valentine's Day to me! 
To have it repaired was between $300 and $500. I can't do that. So, I had to rig it. I was all over Houston Valentine's Day trying to get it all figured out. :( ugh! 


This is driving me crazy!!! I have major OCD and the wires are everywhere!! I am seriously having a hard time functioning in this office. I feel closed in. I have my laptop under the desk plugged into the monitor and the keyboard and mouse need to be plugged in as well as the usb hub with the printer and hard drive. CRAZINESS!!! Ahhhhh! 
On Thursday morning at the serious butt crack of dawn I made my way to the airport to drop Bentley off with his dad to take a trip to CA. While we are dropping off this little dog was out in the drizzle and was looking for food. He was very friendly and I just couldn't leave him there. 
No one makes it easy to do something nice for a stray dog anymore. I called the SPCA which had a 30 minute wait. They referred me to the City of Houston animal shelter or the Harris County Shelter. Harris County (where I live) referred me to City of Houston which just happened to be closed THAT DAY! I fed him (with food I had to get) and bathed him (with soap I had to get) and he was covered in fleas so that made me nervous to have him around the kids at all. He was a sweet pup but I felt so overwhelmed with adding something else I had a hard time getting anything done. Friday I was trying to clean up the garage from where he poo'd and while he was in the back yard he escaped. I got him back for him to slip out of the garage and I knew I couldn't take anymore. I took him down Friday to the Houston shelter and sat for TWO entire hours just waiting for them to take him back and interview me. Two hours to try to help a stray. The drive itself was over 45 minutes. My entire day was gone. 

It's been a super frustrating and heart-breaking week. Financially & emotionally. Tomorrow is Sunday and I hope a new week will bring better times. 
:( 

No comments:

Post a Comment