Thursday, May 7, 2015

May. Mayyyyyyyyybe I'm Losing My Mind

The last two weeks have been ridiculous. May is always insane but it arrived early this year and the crazy seeped into April, too. :o I am venting my life, my frustrations, my cray on here so that I can look back with fondness on my accomplishment of NOT being admitted  to the padded rooms!

Currently, I am babysitting away from home M-F from noon to 5. This has been a hard adjustment because it truly feels like I am a working mom. B & I have to pack a lunch everyday and have everything I need to work on (while the little guy naps) together (which means I need to be mentally organized to know what I need in advance- truly an art form)! I have also picked up a part time job and have been training for that 3 mornings a week so we leave the house usually before ten or some mornings 11. I am also in my final week of school and still holding down my vinyl business. Juggling the housework is non-existent and trying to get the girls to do what they are supposed to do is a struggle, partly because of their crazy schedules. Speaking of their schedules I'd like to touch on that. Brae just had prom last weekend. I am so glad it's over. For real, so stressful on the pocketbook. Not to feel too much relief that it's over, however, because Kensington is right behind her with Softball Banquet and then Cali, three days later, with 8th Grade Dance. Let's throw in 2 birthdays in a weeks' time: B was this past Tuesday, and K is next Wednesday. That does wonders for finances, too. Oh, don't forget the balloons. Ya' know all the tiny details...

Speaking of tiny details... my brain is exploding! It's ugly! Brae is finishing up her Senior year and since she skipped a year in order to graduate early, she has double the load of classes! She is planning to apply to nursing school soon and she needs straight A's in her pre-reqs! Trying to oversee her getting an A, while working on my own grades, and managing all the above *and  more* is overwhelming! Brae also needs to attend New Student Orientation for Blinn soon. I tried to register her for that but she has holds on her Lonestar Account that have to be removed before I can... sent her to take care of that... still waiting on the holds to come off... NSO costs money, too! We need to call her landlord to touch base about the housing down payment. She & Ken decided they want to go to Mormon Prom this weekend... WHY NOT!!<3?? haha

more details...

I applied for Financial Aid for this coming fall. One would expect the process of applying to be like last time. Not so! This time I was the lucky one who got pulled for "scrutiny" and they want to pick apart my taxes and need proof out the wazoo! Problem is I don't have half of what they need and the other half are details I have no idea how to get!

The details of daily life are out of control. How to get what my kids need, both schedule and financially, is way beyond me. I am giving all I can and doing the very best I can and I am falling short everyday. Not that I blame myself because one person can only do so much, but the fact is there are holes still. I pray for the Lord to compensate and to make up the difference. I hope He strengthens me so that I don't end up in the white room before this is all said and done.

And I hope I get my financial aid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment