Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sea World Trip-Day One

My dad and Robin set up a vacation for us to come see them in San Antonio and go to Sea World together! How amazing is that. They did not know that when they called with this news I had been praying and having a hard time  with the fact that I can never afford to take my kids on vacation. It was a tender  mercy as a mom to have the opportunity to go! 
They are in San Antonio temporarily while my dad is overseeing a job. They rented a "casita" for us at their RV Park.It was super cute and perfect for our family! This was taken the first morning before leaving for Sea World.
Bella & Shamu
Our group right before Shamu. I should notate that took B to the bathroom 20 minutes before the show started. And then he had to go again 7 minutes before the show...
Ken took him and I was so thankful the show was delayed due  to inclement weather and they both made it back in time for it to start! 
B & Grampa
Shamu waving
 
Two youngest with Robin lol 
I think this is so cute! 
We packed lunch and left it in the car so we could go out to the parking lot to eat and save money. It was raining so we got creative. Cali had used her money the week before we left to purchase a selfie stick (which she named Lucas lol). Everyone had a lot of fun with Lukey. ;)
We didn't get  to do much in Sea World  after lunch due to the rain. We watched one last show, Azul, which was amazing!! Here are some videos: 

That night we went back to grill pork chops but the weather wasn't cooperating. While we were at our little house we got a tornado warning. I didn't pay much attention to it and we drove over to my dad's place. On our drive over the weather turned very scary and when we pulled up to my dad's he and Robin were loading their neighbor and her dogs into their Jeep. I called and asked him what was going on. He told me we were going to the laundry facility because it was an actual building. The rain was pouring down. It was a night we will not forget, to say the least! Soaking wet!
I was so impressed with my dad and Robin and how much they were helping everyone else coming in out of the rain. My dad hung out on the porch of the laundry house to help others get in safely. At one point he helped a woman who was carrying in her four children. Robin held one of her kiddos the majority of the time we were there. It warmed my heart to watch them. 
This was taken there after the major threat was over...
It's funny I already blogged earlier about Bentley's small bladder but I will add that he and his sister had to use the restroom so badly while we were at the laundry room that night (no potty inside) that everyone kept telling me to take him outside. He is a city boy and doesn't like to pee outside. I tried and he refused telling me "It's fine, it's fine, I will just wait..." haha. Eventually the conditions let up enough that my dad and I took the kids to use the restroom and on the drive to his place B informed me that he could no longer wait and so I took him right outside in the middle of the street to pee. Fastest pee of his life and he does go outside, afterall. 
After the storm (which was SUPER intense) passed we went back to dad & Robin's and had chili dogs on the BEST hot dog buns invented!  Check these out:
Never has a hot dog or chili dog tasted so good. These are the most enticing buns you will ever see. haha (see what I did there)! Soft, AND a TOP slice. Perfect hot dog bun! 
(Doesn't take much to impress me, ay!)
If you haven't tried them you need to! :D
After dinner we went to our place and showered and watched the end of Step Up.
Our casita had two rooms with queen (or full, idk) beds and a pull out couch. Brae and Ken took the couch bed all 3 nights and I thought this was super cute of them. Brae hugging Ken. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment