Thursday, June 21, 2012

55%

A few days ago I had a conversation with a couple of my friends about my parenting lately and where I'm lacking/my biggest stressors. I took inventory of my heart and gave my most accurate portrayal that my children are only getting 55% of their mother. I am always ON! There's always so much that demands my time, energy, & efforts. Later that day as I was pondering my situation it made perfect sense that my kids are only getting about half of their mom because I'm missing the other half to help me. I'm doing twice as much to try to maintain & sustain life.

Not that long ago I would say I wanted a companion, not because i needed help, but to share joys with. In a very emotionally healthy way I now know I want a companion to help me & to share joys and life with.

I am always stressed out. I don't want to be. I need to learn how to do this. I want my kids to get more of their mom. I want to enjoy more. I want to listen more. I want to be "present" more.

No comments:

Post a Comment