Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The "No Mud" Mud Run

I signed up to do a really fun "MuD Run" last weekend. It was the first time I've ever considered anything like it! 
We went in as a team with me and four other guys. Skyler was the 5th team member and signed up the night before so his name wasn't on our shirts but we gave him Studly, Stellar, Skyler! 
Us Before
 We quickly learned it wasn't much of a mud run since there was NO mud but we had fun in the sand and water! 

 That's me at the top. :) You had to use a rope to pull yourself up the slick slope on the other side then climb down. It was HARD the second time around especially since you just came out of the ocean and your shoes and the wood was slippery. I made it though and I was pleased. 
Even though I'm still sore three days later. 

 under the barb wire in the dirty water :) Yeah baby!
 It was important for me to share this experience with Skyler before he goes off to college again. I was really grateful. He was awesome. 

 Our after pose
We are planning to run in the real mud run this fall. It's also a 5k. Or I should say it's really a 5k since there was  no way this one could have been over 3 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment