Thursday, June 21, 2012

Try the Back Door


Last week was a really rough week. Several things happened all at once and I felt like I was being pounded on every side. It seemed as if in every aspect I was being tried and I was so beat down. I can remember one other week feeling similar and at the end of that week was a great blessing and I knew the week leading up to it was in opposition. 

One of the things that was really frustrating last week was my jammed printer as well as my vinyl printer not cutting precisely. My printer jammed right before I was heading out to an appointment. I tried to carefully pull the jammed paper out of the front of it but only made it worse as little pieces kept breaking off, leaving less and less paper to work with. I tried to take the top off of the printer in hopes to access the jam but to no avail. I felt overwhelmed along with everything else going on. I left for my appointment feeling frustrated and concerned that I wouldn't be able to fix it. As I got home that day I was too busy to look at it and I didn't get a chance the next day to look at it either. 

It was two days later when life had slowed down for two seconds when I had a chance to work on the jam again. I again tried to pull the paper out of the front and "feed" it through via the button on the face of the printer. Nothing, nothing. Then I had the {brilliant} thought to turn the printer around! Oh hey, there's a thought!! I turned it around to find a magical, hidden. little door. What do you know, it gave me instant access to my jam ;) I was quite relieved and happy. And felt dumb! haha I had to slow down and think. I wonder how many other things in my life can be better solved by trying this process of slowing down and thinking. Perhaps even stepping away for a period of time and re-visiting the problem later. 

I was so thankful to find the back door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment