Saturday, September 22, 2012

Patience is Hard Work

As you know I've been pondering patience still. A friend and I talked a little about patience and how it adds to your character and we established that patience is "hard work" and therefore once you receive whatever it is you are being patient over it will be more appreciated and rewarding. Because we worked for it.

I can attest to it being hard work. So, obviously I'm sure, my trial is finding a companion. The right one.  This trial is extremely hard on me. I have realized for the first time lately that this is truly out of my control. It's scary to think I may be in this situation for the rest of my earth life. I have no control. Therefore, I have two options. I can be optimistic, hopeful, patient, faithful and trust that in time I will find the one OR I can do what comes naturally and be sad, despairing, bitter, grumpy, mad, pissed, hurt and have a bad attitude. To choose the first takes a lot of work. Seriously, I am so sad. Every time something doesn't work out with someone it takes a little more from my heart. I have to work to have faith and to trust. It is something that literally occurs within me.

Sounds a lot like working out my salvation, don't you think. To choose to be hopeful and positive I am becoming a little more like Christ. And through him we have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment